Wednesday, August 8, 2012

HOMESTUDY TIME:)

Hi Friends:) Can you believe school has started back?! Where did summer go? Here at the Caputo's we've been some BUSY people!! I haven't posted in a while ( I really need to work on that) and well... A LOT has happened since my last post!! Yippee! 
Family UPDATE: Ryan was born today!!!!!!
PRECIOUS!!!!!!!!!!




I am one proud aunt!!! Ryan Zachary Winsett was born weighing 7.23lbs and 19in long
Both Mommy and baby are doing fine. This past weekend we found out that Paul's sister (Anna) is having a girl due December 8, 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                                        Baby Girl:)
We are going through some pretty exciting times in our family...it almost feels surreal. We are truly being blessed and are so thankful for our new additions:)

Paul and I are doing well and of course our adoption is still in the works. I saw that the last post I stated that Ursala would be our caseworker..NOT!! I got a phone call from work from a GODSEND named Emily who introduced herself as our new caseworker..i was confused..but ran with it. At that point I would take ANYONE!!! Just give me SOMEBODY!!! Emily quickly told me that she lived here in Augusta...just a small lil perk!!! Since that phone call we have started our homestudy...CAN I GET AN AMEN!! The first time I saw Emily I have to admit...I was in shock...NOT what I expected. I opened my front door and there in my doorway stood this petite VERY PREGNANT WOMAN. My initial reaction was not something I'm not proud of...I was just in shock. When I pictured our caseworker I never had a pregnant woman in mind. It was almost comical to me. Not only was every other woman around me pregnant...but MY CASEWORKER TOO!?!?!? My inner thought was..."how the HECK is a pregnant woman gonna help me with my adoption?" "What happens when she is going to pop and where is that going to leave us?" "how is a pregnant woman going to relate to me who can't get pregnant and has fertility issues?" All these thoughts AND MORE were running in my head in a split second when I opened the door. And of course I pulled a "Christie" (i'm not the most tactful person). I did say hello, but then I just blurted out the obvious without introducing myself..."Your PREGNANT" In my "UNBELIEVALBE" voice. I couldn't pull back the words quick enough...they were out. ...awkward...thankfully she has a sense of humor and laughed and introduced herself. I'm sure she thought I was going to have some kind of reaction. I felt terrible...and tried to recover as best I could.
That night was our first homestudy meeting. We were stoked. It went great! She talked to us together and separatley. We then had a second meeting with her in home the following week. She completed our home assessment (so easy) and then councelled Paul and I together. It was a long meeting and some tough questions...some being quite personal...but that's part of it...i've gotten over that. This past week we worked on our personal autobiographies and turned them in. Tomorrow I am meeting up with her again to go over my autobiography. Paul will meet with her seperately at some point.
Ok back to the  pregnancy part! This pregnancy is going to be to our advantage!!! She is due at the end of the month so we have to have our homestudy and profile done by then!!! Which means we are moving FAST! By the end of the month we will be done and our profile will be getting showed to birth mothers<3
We will also be traveling to Birmingham, Alabama this month to attend a meeting at Lifeline's main office...I'm am so excited!!!! God has not only given us a ball..but has set it in motion. Everything seems to be coming together. So between all this and new babies entering our family we have been BUSY!!!!
Hopefully tomorrow will go smoothly and I can move forward to the next event. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hallelujah for answered prayers;thank you, Lord! We're looking forward to meeting the little one You have already ordained to be entrusted to this precious, Godly couple!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing how God is putting this all together you and Paul will be amazing parents.

    ReplyDelete