Sunday, June 10, 2012

God's Lifeline

Hello Friends! 

 It's been a while since I last updated our adoption blog and YES you have missed out on a lot of things that have taken place. So...I'm going to step back and take a minute to catch you up on the Caputo Adoption Story.
 As many of you know we had chosen Covenant Care (our 2nd adoption agency) a few months ago and everything seemed to go "okay."  I never really felt 100% that we were meant to use them as our agency...but all other choices had fallen through...so I went went with them hoping things would work out. We had our application filled out and sent in, our GBI clearances completed, and our FBI clearances completed. We were on our way...or so we thought. A few weeks ago, On a Friday, we received a letter in the mail from Covenant Care that devastated us. We were told that because of the increase in applicants that not only did they cancel the August Meeting (that we were promised 1st seats to) but that they also canceled their October meeting. Covenant Care stated that the earliest they could work with us would be Feb. 2013! They went further and encouraged us to please seek out other agencies since it would be such a long waiting period, and that they would have all our paperwork sent to the agency of our choosing. We COULD NOT believe the news!!! What now GOD????? WWHHYY??? Can't anything (SOMETHING) work out for us? To say that I was mad, sad, depressed, angry, and let down would be an understatement. However, I knew that we were called to adoption and that there would be a way...we just haven't figured out God's plan yet...
  So that following week I decided that I was not going to let all our time and efforts go to waste. Sometimes you have to dig deep for the things that matter most in life...and boy does this matter to us. I spent countless hours researching online and calling agency after agency after agency. I contacted every single agency in the state of Georgia. I was texting, emailing, and calling caseworkers interrupting them in meetings, hospital visits, and in-between court visits. When I called I was known as "The girl from Augusta." You would've thought I was getting somewhere, but door after door after door was closing in my face!! I was told that we were not married long enough (7 yrs tommorow), some told me it would cost over $35,000 to use them, and I was surpirsed when an agency from Atlanta wouldn't work with us simply because we were BAPTIST!!!!!...but that they would love to do our home study for us...HA! I threw up my hands and said "Well God I'm at a Loss! I've done EVERYTHING I can do!! What elese is there??? Are we not supposed to have kids??? Is that Your Plan??? If so...I DON'T LIKE YOUR PLAN!!!" I begged with God...I said..."I need a lifeline...I don't care what it is or where it comes from but I can't do this own my own you have GOT to HELP ME!!" After praying that prayer I sat on the couch, turned on my laptop, and I gave it one more shot...and before my eyes a miracle happened.
 When I pulled up the list of adoption websites the first one to appear...Lifeline Christian Services. I thought I had just lost my mind and needed to check myself in somewhere. Are you serious??? I'm sorry but that's alittle scary that I just asked God (OUT LOUD) for a "LIFELINE" and THIS appears before my eyes????? I mean I've heard of answered prays and the power of prayer and God showing His will to you...but...WOW!!!! I was in shock! And of course skeptical. I mean....we are the Caputo's...things just don't work themselves out for us. Skepticism aside I put my faith and trust in God that this wasn't just some random occurance...but this was all part of his mighty plan in our life. So, I started looking up and down their website, reading detail by detail about their ministry and how they have helped so many orphans in this world. From the USA to 9 other differenct countries. How they have safe home for Birthmothers where they can live, eat, get clothing, get jobs, and find the love of Jesus Christ. I mean ....Really?? This sounds WAY to good to be true. So I called...there had to be a catch...I just had to find it..."Ma'am we are located in Alabama"...HA! There's the Catch!!! I Knew IT!!!! "However Ma'am we have an office located in Columbus, Ga." Wait WHAT??? "You need to call URSALA in the Columbus office." THERE IT IS!! The Woman's name is URSALA!!!! There is only ONE URSALA I know and that's the URSALA from THE LITTLE MERMAID!!!! I mean...I shouldn't even call...she might bite my head off or sting me with a tentacle. BUT!!! God did not lead me all this way for a woman named URSALA to stand in my way. So I called, scared what was waiting on the other side of the line.
 When the lady picked up I was in S H O C K!!! (again) It was the most sweetest, prettiest, southern voice I had ever heard. She stayed on the phone with me for not one, but TWO hours explaining their ministry, how they would love to work with us, what our options were, and how to get started. All I could do was throw my hands up in the air and give God all the praise!!! To this day they have been nothing but impressive. They call me often to check in on me, and this week we will be getting assigned our caseworker, and setting up our meeting dates!!!! God has done nothing less but pave the road with Lifeline. To say it has been a smooth ride does NOT do it justice. I KNOW we are meant to work with this agency and I KNOW we are in the Will of GOD! I am so at peace and happy right now. God has renewed my strength and faith.
 I encourage everyone that is following us to look them up and see what their ministry is all about; even if you don't plan on adopting. It is nothing less than awesome! www.lifelinechild.org/ Please keep Paul, Me, Baby Caputo, and our Birthmother in your prayers. Please pray for Guidance, Peace and Wisdom over the next few months. I can feel a change coming from the inside; I know it's upon us. And I know it's going to blow us away!!!!
   They are also on Facebook:) www.facebook.com/lifelineadoption 

1 comment:

  1. Christie, I am in awe of you and Paul and the faith and determination you have exhibited throughout this experience. Surely God is smiling down and saying, "Paul and Christie, I know the plans I have for you ... plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. And I will be found by you, and I will restore your fortunes..." You have certainly searched for Him with all your heart, and what fortunes He has prepared and continues to prepare for your future! I will forever be grateful to the baby's birth mother, and I can't wait to be Babby to your precious baby!

    ReplyDelete